21 and counting. I’ll take all comers!
Michael Phelps won his 21st gold medal, and 23 medals overall, had some wonderful TV time last night. Touching images of Michael and his mom,
- mom and michael in the photog frenzy,
- his new baby “Boomer,” and fiancé, Nicole Johsnon…but, in all honesty,
Some of the shots of Michael, ahead of the races, as he mentally prepped are the best. We all know that Olympian athletes are very intense. But famous Olympian, Michael Phelps, and his staring intensity is making the internet giggle with delight, because his intimidation face towards rival Chad le Clos is absolutely amazing!
Let’s look at some of those, along with commentary from the twitterverse
- The 23-time Olympic medal winner had shot South Africa’s Chad le Clos a death stare ahead of the event as the swimmers prepared for the race
- Phelps, wearing his Team USA warm up suit before he entered the pool, looked furious as he waited for the race: had his game face on!
- Old rivals, Phelps shot Chad leClos that death stare
- Oh my God that cupping is serious business,’ one Twitter user joked as they posted a photo of Phelps as Darth Maul
- HeHateMe said: When You finally Know The Power of the Dark Side
- Mason Waugh transformed Phelps into a young Darth Vader and joked: “I have studied you, and found nothing but weakness.”
- Phelps’ furious stare appears to set the South African’s hair on fire
- One social media user compared Phelps’ to a petulant child who didn’t get his Pepsi
- One sports fan poked fun at the fact that Phelps was sitting inside the arena with the hook up on his jacket: “when you think it’s gonna rain so you wear your raincoat but then it doesn’t rain
- Dana Schwartz jokingly puts Phelps’ angry game face down to the fact that he was unable to get coconut milk at Starbucks Coffee
- “Possessed By Satan” nuff said
- A speech bubble jokes that LeClos has never heard of Harambe, the 17 year old silverback gorilla who was shot and killed at Cincinatti Zoo after a child fell into his enclosure
- Phelps matches Grump cat
- You should Not Mess With Me, or as Yoda: Mess With Me, You should Not!
All in all, great results from Phelps. Go USA, and more to come. Bring em on!