Grandparents Against Gun Violence – Pres. Judy Sherry
The Not Old Better Show, Issues of Today Interview Series
Welcome to The Not Old Better Show on radio and podcast. I’m Paul Vogelzang, and today’s show is brought to you by Elysium Health.
Tops Store, Buffalo NY, Uvalde, TX Tulsa hospital, yesterday in Iowa, 2 women are killed at a church in Iowa, hours after a shooting near Milwaukee.
It just seems to never end…and I know you all agree with me. I’ve heard you about this issue and as hard as it is, we’re going to talk about gun violence today on the show with the founder of Grandparents for Gun Safety, GAGV founder and president grandmother, Judy Sherry.
Grieving families have gone to Congress with demands for gun regulation change and nothing happened. So, how do you go beyond thoughts and prayers? What else must be done? We should grieve, but that’s not all you have to do.
We’ll be talking to Judy Sherry about what more there is to do, including:
- Background and history of Grandparents for Gun Safety?
- How did you, personally, get involved?
- What is the mission of Grandparents for Gun Safety? Manage guns, preventable?
- What does your organization mean by “Stand With Us for gun safety?”
- Tell us about the ‘Lock if For Love” campaign? (Since its inception, LIFL has participated in around 120 community events and has distributed over 3000 gun-locks in the Kansas City area.)
- What is the current status of support for gun legislation by your organization?
- June is Gun Violence Awareness Month: What is your vision for gun safety?
Please join me for a timely and powerful conversation on the subject of gun safety with the founder of Grandparents against Gun Violence, Judy Sherry.
My thanks to Elysium Health for sponsoring today’s episode.